MORE QUALITY THAN MEETS THE EYE
The Tokina difference comes from special material selection and assembly technology that employs micron-unit quality control. This ensures optimum consistency while maintaining the highest quality for every lens. Worldwide, both professionals and knowledgeable photography enthusiasts rely on Tokina lenses.
AT-X comes from our original concept of “Advanced Technology Extra.” This vision encompasses a special group of lenses that are manufactured without compromise, using the most advanced design and fabrication technologies available. The use of unique and unprecedented optical systems independently pioneered by Tokina, has made advanced features, high performance, lightweight, and compact designs a reality. Of course, we have also given full attention to ergonomics and handling. To any user, AT-X means excellent performance through superior technology.
- All metallic moving parts are coated with a special lubricant to improve durability.
- Tokina’s independently developed technology maintains the high precision of mechanical fittings, accurately measured in microns.
- Micron tolerances also give smooth operation and durability to operating rollers and internal focus cams.
- Brass is used in the lens mount to maintain high precision. Other mechanisms are plated with hard chrome for optimum durability.
- PRO models have a hardened Alumite (Armalite) finish to increase durability and give a top-quality feel and finish.
- Ergonomic designs emphasize control, grip and ease of operation with textured rubber used on zoom and focus barrels. These are original Tokina materials, designed to give many years of faithful service without deterioration.
- Use of our special alloy Duralumin for metal parts provides excellent durability, stabilizes torque and provides better handling. It also maintains smoother operation under all conditions.
- Our special lubricant is used on moving parts, formulated to perform even under extremes of temperature.
Resistance to flare and ghosting, plus faithful color reproduction are all achieved by a unique coating technique – yet another reason for Tokina’s reputation for incredibly sharp and clean images.